Client Testimonials Marketing Strategy
How to use client testimonials in your marketing strategy
Sharing client testimonials on your website is one of the most effective methods of sharing other peoples experiences with your products and services. Each testimonial is effectively a recommendation to any person who hasn't bought from you yet. Using honest, positive feedback from your clients is a no-cost way to establish trust with prospective customers.
Here are some ideas on how to ask your customers for reviews.
You can increase the amount of testimonials you receive if you give the client questions to answer, instead of just asking for a testimonial, this saves your client time as they don't have to think too hard about what to write.
Which questions should you ask your clients...
- Keep it under 10 questions, your clients hasn't got a lot of time, go over 10 questions and they will be less likely to answer any.
- Ask questions that are specific to your business and that are not open-ended.
- Ask your client for consent to share their testimonials online.
As a web designer here are some questions we might ask:
1. Clients name
3. What concerns did they have before working us? Did we address those concerns?
4. Did we make the process of creating an online shop easy?
5. Do you give permission for your testimonial to appear on our website, in adverts, and on social media in association with your business name?
6. Is there anything else we could have done to make their experience better?
You'll need to make your questionnaire specific to your business.
Make it easy for your client to respond
Clients are more likely to respond if you make it easy for them to complete your questionnaire.
Create a form on your website so clients can find it if they choose to give a testimonial before you even have to ask.
Email clients with a link to the form when you request a testimonial. Or ask the client to respond directly to the email this is best when you only have a couple of questions.
Link your clients to review platforms
This is a great method if you want to increase client reviews on popular review sites that your potential clients may use.
Automate your follow-up emails
All emails asking for a testimonial and their follow ups can be automated. Either within your websites content manager (CMS) or using a mailing system like Mail Chimp. DR Adept's content manager enables you to schedule and customise emails that will automatically be sent to clients at any time during the initial sales meeting follow ups through to testimonials.
Here's some things to remember to include in your email follow ups.
- Get straight to the point about what you're asking for and why.
- Offer an incentive
- Use a call to action (CTA). Get creative and use a button, or simple bold the linkable text so it stands out.
Where and how to use client testimonials to help your marketing campaigns
How and where you use client testimonials depends on your business, industry, and stage in your business journey.
Here is where you can use them:
- Email footers
- Social media feeds
- Proposals to new clients
How to format them:
- Only use the most compelling parts of clients feedback. You don't need to use every single thing they've written, as long as the core intent of their review remains intact.
- Fix any typos or grammatical issues in the final testimonials
- Provide the clients first name and last initial that they have provided, plus their business name and link.
- Share the formatted testimonial with your client and let them know where you are sharing it.
If you're ready to leverage client testimonials, DR Adept can create a great website with a content manager that can automate testimonial requests and follow ups. Once you approve the testimonials it will automatically be placed on your website.
DRA Digital help businesses of all sizes attract new customers, with strategically designed and managed websites.
Ready to Transform Your
Websites that Generate Leads and Increase Sales
We can create a blog that keeps your customers returning as well as producing the content so your website performs well within the search engines.